[ros-users] rosjava xmlRpcPort issue

Damon Kohler damonkohler at google.com
Wed Jun 8 14:02:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Abhishek Verma
<toabhishekverma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Damon,
> There are no errors.

Ok.

> Talker is publishing message but Listener is not getting it.

Can you see the messages using rostopic echo? What about if you use
roscore instead of the RosCore class in rosjava?

> They are not in same channel I mean Listener and Talker cant reach each
> other.
> I suppose by giving same master uri, both should be able to communicate.

Correct.

> is xmlRpcPort is used in this communication?

Which argument is it exactly you're asking about? I don't see it
specified in your code snippet.

In general, a port argument of 0 means that the OS should pick an
available port to bind to.