[ros-users] show video from robot in the web interface (based on rosjs tutoirial)

Alexander Shavykin alex at shavykin.ru
Thu Jun 9 21:55:15 UTC 2011

Thank you for the answer Sarah.
It works but not so as i want.

First of all i have problems with the setting params for mjpeg_server as it
has written in tutorial:

http://localhost:8080/stream?topic=/gscam/image_raw&width=320&height=240

Now i see only 640*480 picture with very big delay in local network.
Also i tried to set params in gscam (using GSCAM_CONFIG) but it didn't help
(like *GSCAM_CONFIG*="v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-rgb")

And also i have some other questions
Is gscam better for publish images then another image_transport modules?
Is combination gscam and mjpeg_server is the best decision for
decrease the delays between robot and
 offboard computer?

Also if you could put up a tutorial for another way to show video from
robot to web using rosjs
it will be very good.

And the last question: what is the best way to transmit audio from ROS
to offboard computer?

Thank you!