[ros-users] defining interfaces for GPS way-points and mapping

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Tue Jun 14 03:20:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:
>
>> We're (very) slowly moving stack development off the unified 'ros-pkg'
>> repository mainly due to the fact that we prefer our kforge backend to
>> the gforge backend, but that's the only (minor) pushback on using the
>> ros-pkg repository.
>
> Should a kforge.ros.org "Project" correspond to a single ROS stack or
> a ROS repository (may have multiple stacks)?

We generally map it to a single stack, though sometimes it hosts a
family of related stacks (e.g. foo, foo_tutorials, foo_visualization).
 Stacks are generally a way of organizing stuff to release together,
so it's not really the stack, per se, that guides the boundaries.

A good rule of thumb is a single community of developers.  One of the
reasons why we are moving away from the big 'ros-pkg' sized
repositories is that it's harder, for example, to manage access
control to a repository that hosts multiple intersecting communities.

 - Ken