[ros-users] using ROS with a new 7-DOF arm hardware

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:47:15 UTC 2011

I now found out a bit more.  I now realize that by setting the
commanded_effort_ of a JointState is the way commands are sent (not via
messages or other).   I also see that  Gazebo is has a plugin to
replicate the controller_manager, that uses the URDF description to set
up a robot model and simulation joint motions.  So, at the VERY least,
if I want to use Gazebo, I'll need to make sure that I load a
pr2_mechansim_model of the Robot that is consistent with the model used
by Gazebo.
Does this sound correct?

to have it's own ros_controller_manager that does the same for Gazebo.
So, my intuition is that if I write