[ros-users] cannot install diamondback in slackware-linux

Rodrigo Ventura yoda at isr.ist.utl.pt
Sat Jun 18 13:11:22 UTC 2011

Unfortunately this tutorial is outdated and misleading. I followed it but it is inaccurate, namely in what concerns the (hardcoded) OS list in http://www.ros.org/doc/api/roslib/html/python/roslib.os_detect-pysrc.html#OSDetect.__init__ that is not used at all since, it is called by ros/ros/tools/rosdep/src/rosdep/core.py (line 296) with (another) hardcoded OS list in this file, but with nice separate py files for each OS.

I'll continue to try to add slackware as a supported OS, and will contribute with the necessary patches and if time allows an updated tutorial.

Best,
Rodrigo