[ros-users] RViz on OS X

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 02:46:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:47 AM, William Woodall <wjwwood at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might need to specify your python version:
>
> sudo port install python_select
>

> sudo port select --set python python26

Already done.

> Additionally, you want to make sure you're using the macports python...
>
> export
> PATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin:$PATH
> sudo easy_install pip
> sudo pip install rosinstall
> rosinstall ....
>

> That export PATH... command will ensure that you are using binaries
> installed for the macports python.  You can either set it once in the
> command line to install/run rosinstall or you can put it in your .bashrc,
> but either way you should be aware that it effecting what python executables
> are being used.

Thank you William. Works now much better ;-)
I can launch rosinstall.

I hope you don't mind : i copy the wiki page in his own repository in order
to be able to edit the page and i add your information.
Please find the new version here:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/ROX/wiki
I will complete the page with more information in the future.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk