[ros-users] force-closure node?

Matei Ciocarlie matei at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 30 16:39:44 UTC 2011

Hi Josep,

I don't think there is anything off-the-shelf that you can use;
however, both the OpenRAVE and the GraspIt! simulator have this
capability and both have ROS wrappers. It might be a little bit heavy
weight for you, and might require a bit of programming on your part.
If you want, I can send you some ideas on how to get it done using a
ROS node running inside GraspIt!

Best,
Matei

P.S. answers.ros.org is a better forum for these questions as it
allows them to be found by future users - if you are interested, can
you please post your question there and then send me a link to it?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Josep Arnau Claret Robert
<jsprnclrtrbrt at hotmail.com> wrote:
> good morning/evening/night
>
> is anyone aware of the existence of a ros node to check wether a certain set
> of grasping points is form/force-closure?
>
> thx in advance.
>
> Josep

Matei Ciocarlie
Research Scientist