No subject

Wed Mar 30 01:30:55 UTC 2011

In rviz upon start, my robot faces in the front direction as the laser scan
data is towards the forward direction. But when I give a goal, for example x
= 1, y = 0 to frame base_link using simple_navigation_goals, which means it
should move forward 1m, it is displayed 1m to the right of the robot on the
odom (world) frame in rviz. In order to move the robot 1m forward, I have to
give a y = 1, x = 0 goal. It seems the odom frame is following a x-right,
y-front coordinate system.
Is there a 90 degrees rotation between the two frames? This means that all
velocities and distances reported by odometry have to be rotated 90 degrees
clockwise? Or am I doing something wrong?

--
Regards,
Hitesh Dhiman

--0016e647180037ebee04a03049b3

Hi all,<br>From the wiki, the robot is using a front-x, left-y coordinate c=
onvention. In rviz upon start, my robot faces in the front direction as the=
 laser scan data is towards the forward direction. But when I give a goal, =
for example x =3D 1, y =3D 0 to frame base_link using simple_navigation_goa=
ls, which means it should move forward 1m, it is displayed 1m to the right =
of the robot on the odom (world) frame in rviz. In order to move the robot =
1m forward, I have to give a y =3D 1, x =3D 0 goal. It seems the odom frame=
 is following a x-right, y-front coordinate system.<br>
Is there a 90 degrees rotation between the two frames? This means that all =
velocities and distances reported by odometry have to be rotated 90 degrees=
Hitesh Dhiman<br>Electrical Engineering<br>National University of Singapore=

--0016e647180037ebee04a03049b3--