[ros-users] reactive_grasp, compliant_close: not using the database

Ugo Cupcic ugo at shadowrobot.com
Thu Mar 3 12:16:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

In the reactive_grasp, the compliant_close function is not using the grasp
posture from the database. I understand that it can work for the gripper,
but for a more complex hand such as ours, I believe it would be a good start
to have access to this grasp posture here.

What I wanted to do in the reactive grasp, was (as a first approach):
 - interpolate between current posture of the hand and "closed posture"
(read from the database), while checking for contacts.
 - when I have a contact on one finger, I stop moving this finger.
 - when all fingers are touching lightly the object, close until force > X

Is it not the purpose of the reactive_grasp server? Should I do that in my
standard static grasp? Do I need to query my databases in my reactive_grasp
node to get the list of possible grasps, or would it be possible to extend
the content of the ReactiveGraspGoal message, so as to include this
information?

I hope my questions make sense, otherwise feel free to ask me for more info!

Cheers,

Ugo

Ugo Cupcic | Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Software Engineer | 251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand? | London N1 1LX | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/ @shadowrobot