[ros-users] merging different joint_states

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Wed Mar 23 19:23:22 UTC 2011

> Using the robot state publisher with multiple sources of joint state
> is indeed a feature we want to add. I didn't realize that so many
> people were waiting for this to happen, and even implemented their own
> robot state publishers!  We would love to see those efforts getting
> channeled into the released version of the robot state publisher.

> Our current proposal for this feature is described in ticket
> <https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4464>.

I just pushed out an implementation of the new robot state publisher
into the 'default' branch on kforge
<https://kforge.ros.org/project/robotmodel/services/robot_model>.  I
think this version implements all requests we got from users:

 * Receive joint state messages from multiple sources without prior aggregation
 * Publish fixed joints from a separate thread
 * Full, non-flattened tree

If you want to test this out, you can download the latest robot_model
stack using:

hg clone https://kforge.ros.org/robotmodel/robot_model

If you find any problems, or have other usecases that are not covered
yet, feel free to comment or to file a ticket on
<https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg>.

Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.