[ros-users] Progress in rviz on OSX

David Rajaratnam daver_ml at gemarex.com.au
Fri Mar 11 03:30:40 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

> Unfortunately, I dug around a bit with gdb, and the problem I was
> having is deeper than that.  Basically, wx-gtk was giving Ogre an X
> window to render in, when it expected a native window, which does not
> work at all.  More info here:
> https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4852.

Sounds like you're problems are deeper than what I had. In any case, let
me know if you need any details of the different macports  that I have
install.

I had a brief look at some discussions on WX under gtk/carbon/cocoa. It
definitely looks messy. Especially when you throw into the mix that some
things work on 32 bit but not 64 bit.

> > One question. When I initially ran rviz I was getting a missing library
> > error for libassimp.1.dylib. So I had to set:
> >
> > DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=<my path to dimondback>/robot_model/assimp/lib/
> >
> > Any thoughts on why its not finding this one library?
>
> It's a bug in the package: https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4852.

Thanks I'll check this out.

Cheers,
Dave