[ros-users] Pyyaml using easy_install on Mac OS X

Paul Vernaza paul.vernaza at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 02:39:18 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM, S.Sudarshan <sudarshan85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did a very trivial hack to soft link /opt/local/bin/python (which itself
> is linked to /opt/local/bin/python2.6, which in turn is soft linked to
> /opt/local/Library/Fraemworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6)
> to /usr/bin/python. So now "which python" gives me /opt/local/bin/python,
> but as I expected this didnt solve the problem with yaml.

Replacing /usr/bin/python (or anything in /usr) is a bad idea, since
Mac OS probably expects that to be a particular build of python. If
it's not, your system could have issues down the line. You should make
sure /opt/local/bin precedes /usr/bin in your path, and you should use
python_select (from Macports) to select the 2.6 version of python.
Also, you should be reinstalling yaml after doing all of this.

Paul