[ros-users] tabletop detection error

Rafael López rlopez at robotnik.es
Thu Mar 24 12:16:17 UTC 2011

Hi Matei,

I do not know what the problem is either. Actually it is working fine in
another computer with similar settings.
I can not see the point cloud in rviz, as it crashes (my computed is stuck)
when running the manipulation pipeline, so I only have gazebo for
visualization.
About the sensor, I do not think it is too close to the table. Actually I
point the head of the PR2 to the table. Then during the process, the head is
moved up and down, so I make sure that the table is detected.
It looks to me that changing (reducing) the inlier_thresold rosparam is not
the best solution, but I cannot think of anything else now...
In the end, it will probably be a silly thing, but I can not find it out
now...

Best regards,

Rafa

Rafael López