[ros-users] WU-ros-pkg Updates

David Lu!! davidlu at wustl.edu
Mon May 2 17:10:25 UTC 2011

Hey all,

Today I am pleased to announce the release of 2 new stacks and 1 new
package as part of the Washington University repository.

First, the Polonius stack. http://www.ros.org/wiki/polonius
Polonius is a robot control interface designed for running Wizard of
Oz style experiments. This work was presented in poster form at
HRI2011, and was also used to control a short robot theatre piece we
put on last September, the video for which is being presented at the
Robots and Art workshop at ICRA next week.

Second, the motion_capture stack. http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_capture
This contains our initial work at incorporating motion capture data
into ROS, initially just using the c3d data format. Tools for
analyzing this sort of data will be released in the future.

Third, a ROS Wiki documentation tool, http://www.ros.org/wiki/roswiki_node
This package contains code to make documentation a bit easier by
automatically generating the CS/NodeAPI code used on the wiki
automatically using your source code.

Feedback is always welcome, either by emailing me or through our
SourceForge project page.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=261576&atid=1333666

Cheers, and Happy May.

-David Lu!!