[ros-users] Allowing contacts with inverse IK

Lorenzo Riano lorenzo.riano at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:40:30 UTC 2011

The Inverse kinematics with constraints awareness allows to specify contacts
between any two objects with the OrderedCollisionOperation messages. I tried
this on the PR2 with the first object being "right_arm" and the second
object one that I added before. However, the IK seems to be politely and
silently ignoring this bit of the message. How can I allow contacts with
known objects? How can I visualize the added objects in RVIZ to debug?

P.S. A similar question is
here<http://answers.ros.org/question/584/allow-gripper-collision-on-the-pr-2>but
the answer is: use a non-collision aware IK!
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Riano, PhD
Research Associate