[ros-users] ND, VHF etc in ROS ?

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:39:08 UTC 2011

Hi Brian and Arkapravo,

Here at the lab we also went from Player to ROS. In the beginning it looked like that the navigation stack was too heavy to run on our robots, so we began porting ND to ROS. We quickly fell in love with the navigation stack and dropped that idea. The navigation stack is highly customizable and can fit the needs of a wide range of robots.

I would start by checking the navigation stack as Brian suggested and move on from there.

Regards,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR University of Coimbra
Portugal