[ros-users] topic queue

Troy Straszheim straszheim at willowgarage.com
Wed May 4 18:06:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Christian Verbeek <
verbeek at servicerobotics.eu> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am missing message when subscribing to /rosout
>
> _log_sub = _node.subscribe( "/rosout", 100, &ROSHandler::logCallback,
> this );
>
> I do call ros::spinOnce() approximately every 20ms. When I call spinOnce
> as fast as possible (in a loop) then no messages are lost. But then my
> app needs 60% of the CPU so that is not really desirable.

If messages are coming in at > 50Hz, one would expect to drop messages here,
once the buffer of 100 fills up.  No?  Just trying to establish if there is
a bug here or not.   I suppose a way to check the size of the incoming queue
would be nice... there is a ticket on this already.

Troy