[ros-users] Publish/Subscriber loosing first message

Sebastian Schneider s.schneider at unibw.de
Wed May 11 10:14:15 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm currently trying out the Tutorials from the ROS Wiki and I have a
question to the part "Examining the Simple Publisher and Subscriber"
(http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/ExaminingPublisherSubscriber). So
far, my programs are working as expected, but I wonder why the first
message from the publisher "Hello there! This is message [0]" does not
reach the subscriber. The first message the subscriber receives is
"Hello there! This is message [1]".

This also happens, if I start the subscriber before I start the publisher.

Any ideas?

Sebastian Schneider