[ros-users] Matlab and Ipc issue

Tien Thanh nttputus at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:07:57 UTC 2011

Hi Cohen,

It not worked with me, I can find the example_topic that list in the
rostopic but the rostopic echo shows nothing and I got an error when execute
example_publisher.m in Matlab

Warning: Directory access failure: /bin/bash.
> In path at 110
  In addpath at 87
  In example_publisher at 9
Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: rospack.
> In path at 110
  In addpath at 87
  In example_publisher at 9
Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: command not found/bin.
> In path at 110
  In addpath at 87
  In example_publisher at 9
??? Undefined function or method 'geometry_msgs_Twist' for input arguments
of type 'char'.

Error in ==> example_publisher at 13
pid=geometry_msgs_Twist('connect','publisher','example_module','twist');

Thanks for any help.

Best,
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Nikos Mitsou <nmitsou at lsr.ei.tum.de>wrote:

> Yes, publisher and subscriber are working fine!
> Thanks for the effort
> Nikos
>

> On 05/23/2011 11:26 PM, Benjamin Cohen wrote:
>
> Nikos,
>
> Actually, that part of the tutorial is outdated. No bin folders should have
> been created in those folders. The bin folders should only be created in the
> *ipc_[...]_msgs* folders such as  ipc_msgs/ipc_geometry_msgs/.
>
> I'll update the tutorial. Have you tried the example publisher/subscriber?
>
> -- ben
>

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Nikos Mitsou <nmitsou at lsr.ei.tum.de>wrote:
>
>>  Hello all
>>
>> I tried to install the interoperability system between Matlab and Ros.
>> (
>> https://alliance.seas.upenn.edu/~meam620/wiki/index.php?n=Roslab.IpcBridge
>> )
>>
>> I followed the instructions and the compilation of the packages produced
>> no error.
>> According to the instructions, bin folders should have been created e.g.
>> ipc_bridge_ros/bin
>> ipc_bridge_matlab/bin
>>
>> but are actually missing.
>> Has anyone experienced something similar?
>>
>> Thanks
>>  Nikos

Tien Thanh Nguyen