[ros-users] remote control (kbd / joystick / etc.) (brice rebsamen)

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Fri May 27 18:57:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Advait Jain <advait at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> I can see these top-level wiki pages being really useful.
>
> How does one decide that a particular subject has the critical mass to
> warrant a top-level page?
>
> For example, I can imagine a page on actuators (similar to what I
> Heart Robotics and others have done for Sensors).
>
> This could include ROS packages to control servos, pan tilt units etc., such as
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/ptu46
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/amtec
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/robotis
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/ax12_controller_core

The Sensors page is a result of I Heart Robotics proposing,
championing, and putting it together.  If you're willing to do the
same for Actuators, it would be a fantastic contribution.

Would you include stock manipulators as well?  Right now manipulators
are indexed on the Robots page, but there may be better overlap with
actuators (e.g. crustcrawler).

 - Ken