[ros-users] dependency problems with current unstable

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 16:25:43 UTC 2011

I am preparing to release camera_drivers with the new unary camera1394
stack to ROS unstable. Running the pre-release tests shows a
dependency problem with eigen:

 http://build.willowgarage.com/view/pre-release/job/prerelease_unstable_camera1394_lucid_amd64/lastBuild/console

As best I can tell, geometry 1.7.0 (which removes the eigen
dependency) is blocked waiting on something else, leaving geometry
1.6.0 in unstable, which *does* depend on eigen.

Given those problems, is it counter-productive for me to release the
camera stacks? There is no point in bogging down the build systems
with jobs that are expected to fail. How do I tell when it's time to
try again?
--
 joq