[ros-users] request for help: mirroring and better wiki exporting

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Fri Nov 18 01:10:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Piyush Khandelwal
<piyushk at cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Pretty much the same thing I was about to ask. If you can provide some
> estimates, I can check with the sysadmins here at texas if they are
> fine with the extra load.

I'll have to defer to Felix on that question.   But, independent of
how many users you have, I would guess that the periodic (currently
weekly) download of the tarballs would dominate the bandwidth usage.
At the moment, the tarballs total 11GB (http://ros.org/wiki_dump/).

For reference, ros.org/wiki got ~750K page views in the past 30 days.

	brian.

http://brian.gerkey.org