[ros-users] request for help: mirroring and better wiki exporting

Ken Tossell ktossell at umd.edu
Sat Nov 19 01:29:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Daniel Claes <dclaes at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> I just had a quick look at it and from here I can only access the landing page. If I click on any link, I get an 403 Forbidden error.

I had run the synchronization script again to make sure everything was
working, and I found out that my chmod command was in the wrong place.
I've moved it up before the script swaps the new roswiki into place,
and everything should be visible again.

The archives all specify that users other than the owner and those in
the owning group should not have any permissions on the files, so the
web server, which runs as a different user, can't access anything.
Unfortunately I don't see any way to make tar ignore the permission
flags, so a really long chmod -R a+rX is needed.

 - Ken