[ros-users] Electric Arm Navigation and custom mesh collision objects

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 4 22:14:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm a little unsure of the proper way to programmatically insert my own
custom meshes into the planning scene environment for the ROS electric
arm_navigation package. I've been able to insert my own objects in using the
planning scene viewer GUI (loading an STL file) but how would I do this
programmatically? For instance, I have a model of some object that I want to
plan around and I can recognize and align to sensory data, and I want to
insert this object into the planning environment when I've recognized it in
the scene. What is the correct way to go about doing this? Thanks!

-Ibrahim