[ros-users] Problems with rosbags in Electric on Oneiric

Ahlberg Rasmus rasmus.ahlberg at combitech.se
Sun Oct 30 16:24:32 UTC 2011

Hi,
I managed to install the Electric version of ROS on Oneiric by using the Natty repo. However, my rosbag recordings are much larger than they used to be. Also, running "rosbag info" on them takes 10-15 seconds instead of being almost instantaneous. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've noticed that there seems to be one connection per message, according to the "rosbag info" printout. Previously in Diamondback+Natty I only had 5 or so, even if there were several thousands of messages. Now they match one-to-one. Is this normal in Electric?

Didn't want to put up a question on answers.ros.org, as I assume this isn't a supported setup.

Regards,
Rasmus Ahlberg