[ros-users] Best distro for building gumros

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Sat Oct 1 21:47:30 UTC 2011

hi Randall,

We've had some success using Linaro.  I didn't do the work myself, but
here's a summary of getting everything built up to the point of using
a Kinect:  http://www.ros.org/wiki/gumros/kinect.  There's no
step-by-step of the install process, but there's a link there to a
(big) disk image that you could `dd` to an SD card to try out the
result.  I believe that everything was natively compiled (slow, but
fewer headaches than cross-compiling).

    brian.

http://brian.gerkey.org