[ros-users] openCV 2.2 for loading EXR images.

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:25:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Yeon Grace Lee <yeongrace.lee at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using openCV to read in and process exr images. I have tried reading
> in the image using "imread" and cvLoadImage. However, when I try displaying
> the image using "imshow" (for imread) or cvShowImage, it does not display
> the image I expected. This happens even after I try to compress the pixel
> values by taking the log(pixel)*255. Does openCV handle EXR images? If so,
> how do I process and display the image?

This sounds like it has little to do with ROS and is more of a pure OpenCV
question. If that is the case, I suggest you ask it over on the OpenCV
mailing list since that should get you an answer a lot faster. See the
OpenCV support info for OpenCV support options:
http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/FullOpenCVWiki#Welcome.2FSupport.Support.2C_Documentation_.26_Resources
 .

- Eric