[ros-users] ROS Service Definition (common_msgs) for Camera Parameters (FPS, Whitebalance, etc).

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:02:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Maxim Taschew <maxim at taschew.de> wrote:
> Uhh wow. Obviously i couldn’t  see the forest for the trees.
>
> Sorry for that useless post…

It was a reasonable question, and I wish we had a better answer.

There was some e-mail discussion within the Drivers SIG. You are
welcome to join that SIG and post your own ideas. You may be able to
help us understand better how to make the task of writing a new camera
driver easier.

 https://code.ros.org/lurker/message/20110922.182538.61b4a3a5.en.html#ros-sig-drivers

I suspect a tutorial would help, but that would be a lot of work to
get right and keep up-to-date.

Using existing drivers as examples is probably more robust over time.
Perhaps their sources should be made clearer and better-commented. I
welcome patches or suggestions for making camera1394 easier to read
and understand.
--
 joq