[ros-users] ROS organization on github

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:13:23 UTC 2011

It doesn't necessarily, but these would be ROS specific formulae that would
exist outside of the Homebrew proper repo.  We are experimenting with using
"brew taps" which are discovered automatically via the github fork network.
 So if we fork homebrew-alt to the ros organization and call it ros-deps,
then we can do something like `brew tap install ros/ros-deps` and then we
can install custom formulae like tinyxml and others without having to put
them upstream into the Homebrew repository via a pull request.  It would
also potentially have ros stacks that could be distributed as binaries in
the future.

Basically the 'github.com/ros' name is convenient.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University