[ros-users] Rosinstall files calling other rosinstall files

Thibault Kruse kruset at in.tum.de
Fri Oct 21 12:11:14 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel,

yes, current yaml ignores uri for elements of type "other".

You can call "rosinstall . http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/ycs.rosinstall". By
calling this again you also get updates from
http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/ycs.rosinstall (only adding new locations or
changing urls/versions, but not removing anything).

If ycs.rosinstall <http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/ycs.rosinstall> has
elements with localnames such as

- git:
      local-name: ycs/foo
      uri: https://somewhere.com/foo.git
<https://win-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/stacks/win_ros/trunk>

I think you can have most of what you want already.

You can then maintain several such rosinstall files and keep merging
them into your environment (by calling rosinstall .
http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/ycs.rosinstall", which can be in a script)

That's maybe not exactly what you want, but close.

Else, maybe describe your workflow also.

cheers,
   Thibault