[ros-users] compile problem nodelet in OSX

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Fri Sep 2 17:07:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Nicholas Butko <nbutko at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I had the same problem. The best way I found to fix it was to add
> -DTIXML_USE_STL
>
> to the exported cflags argument of pluginlib.

hi Nick,

My concern with that approach is that you'd have to ensure that every
package that brings in tinyxml remembers to both #define and export
TIXML_USE_STL.  And the problem doesn't present on Ubuntu, where the
libtinyxml-dev package installs tinyxml.h with TIXML_USE_STL #defined.

That's why I went for the source rosdep approach for tinyxml on OSX.

I'd prefer to use tinyxml (and every other library) from a standard
installation, but I couldn't see a good way to make the macports
installation of it work.

	brian.