[ros-users] compile problem nodelet in OSX

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:18:00 UTC 2011

Brian, on my machine (10.7) I don't have an archive file (.a) I have .dylib
and it gives this output.  This might be something that goes away with Lion.

∫ file /usr/lib/libstdc++.dylib
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.dylib: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.dylib (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit
> dynamically linked shared library x86_64
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.dylib (for architecture i386): Mach-O dynamically
> linked shared library i386

But even on 10.6 the built-in libstdc++ library should be _at least_ x86_64.
 I would expect it to be more likely for you library to be x86_64 only and
lack i386.  But all of the built-in libraries on OS X 10.6+ should be
universal (except notably carbon which is deprecated and lacks a x86_64
variant).

Have you replaced your system tool chain possibly with an i386 only version?
 If so, or unsure, try reinstalling Xcode?

Hope something in there will help,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University