[ros-users] compile problem nodelet in OSX

Kevin Walchko kevin.walchko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:31:01 UTC 2011

Sorry I wish I did have a solution … but I don't. However, I think in this case, a simple solution exists that allows the use of the macports version. For lion I think python 2.7 really should be the default.

I like homebrew, because it seems simpler to make the packages, but that method doesn't seem prime time yet.

I tried doing my own macport port once for OpenCV and it was complicated. By the time I got everything working, an official macport popped up and made all my efforts futile :)

Also, I removed all of the source installs in the rosdep.yaml files in electric and replaced them with macports. It had issues if I left both of them (macports and source) in there. So far the macports seem to be working fine. The only thing that isn't is OpenCV (again) so I tried homebrew, but that didn't work out so well for me. So I finally threw in the towel and installed opencv from source because I just really needed it. I wasn't going to go through the head ache of making my own macport again.

We really need to come up with a good solution but I am not sure what that is.