[ros-users] Developers: ROS Fuerte Planning SIGs

Mac Mason mac at cs.duke.edu
Wed Sep 7 22:08:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Ken Conley <kwc at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We're trying a new way of planning our next ROS Distribution, ROS
> Fuerte, in order to make it easier for people to get involved and also
> handle the breadth of areas that ROS-related software deals with.
>
> If you go to:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/fuerte/Planning
>
> You will see an editable list of Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
> Below each SIG is a brief description as well as a signup list.  We
> have seeded the list so that people have some examples to go by.

A question of scope: is "Make OS X a real platform" a subset of the
"target platforms" SIG, or should there be a separate
MakeItWorkOnTheSteveJobsMayHeRetireInPeaceOperatingSystemSIG? I see that
the Fuerte planning document says, roughly, "We dunno yet", which didn't
clear it up.

  --M

--
Julian "Mac" Mason      mac at cs.duke.edu      www.cs.duke.edu/~mac