[ros-users] Navigation Stack without a Laser Sensor

David Feil-Seifer dfseifer at usc.edu
Tue Sep 27 13:08:28 UTC 2011

Piyush-

I have a stack, OIT, out of the usc-ros-pkgs repository which does
exactly this. By detecting a target from an overhead camera, and
utilizing an intrinsic calibration of the camera, an extrinsic
calibration of the camera to the ground, and a line map of the
environment (human generated), we are able to do exactly what you are
saying.

Documentation is rough currently, however. I am defending on Oct 19th
and then I'm moving, so I won't be able to provide much direct support
until after that.

Try checking out the OIT at:

https://usc-ros-pkg.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/usc-ros-pkg/trunk/OIT

There are some launch files in the oit_launch package, and the code
should all compile against diamondback (electric not yet tested, but
should work).

Good luck, and feel free to email me if you have problems, just
understand if I don't respond right away.

-Dave