[ros-users] What is the relationship between stack names on the ROS wiki and its repository's name?

Hai Nguyen haidai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:48:57 UTC 2012

Hi ros-users!

Our lab hosts code with Google Code and was planing on releasing each
stack as a separate repository.  Unfortunately, this scheme also
generates very ugly repostority URLs as repository names aren't
allowed to have underscores (which I've replaced with dashes) but this
isn't a preferred ROS naming convention as I understand it.  Also, the
repository name is also prepended with Google Code project name:
https://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg.my-stack-name/

My question is what happens when a repository with this name gets
indexed and linked to a page on the wiki? Is there a way to turn
"gt-ros-pkg.my-stack-name" to something more friendly like
"my_stack_name"?

--
Hai Nguyen
CS, Robotics