[ros-users] Introducing your new ROS Platform Manager, Tully Foote

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 26 23:20:54 UTC 2012

I'm happy to announce that Tully Foote is officially taking the reins
of ROS Platform Manager.  This role is responsible for guiding the
collective efforts of the community towards creating releases like ROS
Fuerte, collaborating through REPs and SIGs, and making ROS as a whole
better and better.  For most of you, Tully needs no introduction as he
has already been crucial part in making these happen.

I'm also happy to announce that Dirk Thomas will be leading the ROS
middleware efforts with the goal of creating a ROS 2.0 library that
meets both commercial and research needs. This is a new effort that
will take shape over the coming months.

It has been my honor and pleasure to have served in these roles.  A
big thanks goes to Willow Garage for giving me the chance of a
lifetime.  I will soon be starting in a new position at Google that
requires a different role for me in the ROS Community.  With the
inaugural ROSCon and the Open Source Robotics Foundation, this is an
exciting period of growth for the ROS community.  I'm looking forward
to seeing many of you at ROSCon where we can work together on what's
next.

best,
Ken