[ros-users] Incomplete install instructions for Fuerte on Ubuntu

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:26:18 UTC 2012

There have been several questions on answers.ros.org which suggest
that the Fuerte Ubuntu install instructions[1] need to mention the new
versions of rosinstall, rosdep, rosemacs, etc.

The source install instructions[2] do mention rosdep in passing, but I
see nothing clearly stating exactly what pip installs are required for
people to develop code based on Fuerte binaries.

I am sending this note rather than fixing it myself, because I doubt I
completely understand the requirements.

[1] http://ros.org/wiki/fuerte/Installation/Ubuntu
[2] http://ros.org/wiki/fuerte/Installation/Ubuntu/Source
--