[ros-users] ROS on alternative platforms

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:16:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Did you think of using the angstrom kernel with the ubuntu distrib?
I've used such a setup on gumstix and that made installing ROS much
easier.

On the other hand, I think this email should be directed at
answers.ros.org (which I don't have the time to read).

Regards

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Nathaniel Lewis
<linux.robotdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> My team (robotics society of UC Merced) is working on an entry for
> Robomagellan at RoboGames (yeah its in two weeks I know).  I've used ROS for
> awhile now and honestly, its awesome.  We chose to use the Beagleboard-xM on
> our robot and, naturally, I want to install ROS on it.  Problem is, as far
> as I know, there is still the bug in the Ubuntu kernel which slows the CPU
> on the xM way down.  We chose to stick with Angstrom, and use OpenEmbedded
> to build the toolchain for it (installing it right now actually).  So my
> question is, whats they best way to run ROS on Angstrom, specifically, I
> want to write the source code on the development box, compile it, and then
> deploy it without sources onto the Beagleboard-xM.  Is that something that
> has been developed yet?
>
> Nathaniel Lewis
> CTO at E1FTW Games
> (925) 961 7578