[ros-users] zigbee

Bill Morris bill at iheartengineering.com
Sun Apr 15 18:45:28 UTC 2012

ROS Answers might be a better place for this, but here goes.

It may or may not meet your needs but we have used these before with
good results.
http://www.freaklabsstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=189
You should be able to use one of the Arduino drivers to connect it to
ROS. Another option might be the ZigBit modules from Atmel.

Also, it might be interesting to see a ros network driver for
ZigBee/802.15.4/6LoWPAN/etc to take advantage of the broadcast nature of
the network for sending data on topics.