[ros-users] Enterprise Version of ROS

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:22:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Edwards, Shaun M. <sedwards at swri.org> wrote:
> Is there already a SIG that would consider this topic or do we need to form a new one?  Is there a set time for SIG meetings at ROSCON?

The only named SIGs I know about were ad-hoc groups created to do
planning for Fuerte. In my view, it was a good idea that worked pretty
well.

 http://www.ros.org/wiki/fuerte/Planning

In addition, there are informal groups working on specific project
areas, such as Ackermann steering or embedded ROS.

 http://www.ros.org/wiki/Ackermann%20Group
 http://www.ros.org/news/2010/10/embedded-project-for-ros-eros.html

I know of no comprehensive list of such activities.

I doubt there is any group working on Enterprise ROS already, but
there is enough interest here to form one.

The ROScon site mentions space available for Birds-of-a-Feather
meetings, hacking, and information presentations.

 http://roscon.ros.org/
--
 joq