[ros-users] ROS support for Ubuntu Precise

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:23:51 UTC 2012

I forget, but it gets hairy when forcing Oneirc debs under Precise.  That
is, even the "source install" requires some number of ROS deb packages to
installed. And even getting around this, it requires older versions of
boost, g++, etc. I am unsure why the Oneirc deb files for Fuerte require
EXACT package versions instead of >=.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2012, at 9:01 AM, Jonathan Bohren <jonathan.bohren at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Patrick Beeson <beeson.p at gmail.com> wrote:

> I asked this last week and got no response, so I figured I'd try one last
> time.  Is there an ETA on Ubuntu 12.04 install for Fuerte?  As of now
> neither electric nor Fuerte will install on Precise  --no debs and the
> manual install instructions fail a good ways in.

At what point do the source installs fail? Did you install the necessary
3rd party dependencies?

-j

--
Jonathan Bohren