[ros-users] ROS electric install notes - turtlebot (x130e)

Bill Phillips n6rqy at att.net
Wed Aug 1 04:26:49 UTC 2012

Attached are some rough notes I made about a clean install of electric on a
Turtlebot. I am using a turtlebot with the  Lenovo x130e laptop so this is
specific to that setup.

As with my fuerte notes, I apologize in advance for not attributing the
information correctly, as  most of it was pulled from ROS.org or its peers
(answers.ros.org,  etc.) during my installation(s) and testing. This is still in
rough draft form but I wanted to get it out  there to see if it was helpful or
not. I intend a more complete draft  with proper attribution in the near future.

I found that electric had a few workarounds to deal with using Ubuntu 11.10. One
I did not tackle is the "problem" with the wireless scanning for networks
periodically when the SSID and BSSID were not the same on the access point the
laptop connected to. It didn't drop connectivity to the turtlebot, just paused
it occasionally.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this.

Bill