[ros-users] FWD: [robotics-worldwide] Robotics Stackexchange

Melvin Isken Melvin.Isken at offis.de
Wed Aug 15 07:09:44 UTC 2012

Maybe interesting for some of you if you're not already aware of it...

Viele Grüße | Best Regards
Melvin Isken

---
Dipl.-Inform. Melvin Isken
wiss. Mitarbeiter | Research Assistant

OFFIS
FuE Bereich Gesundheit | R&D Division Health
Escherweg 2 - 26121 Oldenburg - Germany
Phone / Fax: +49 441 9722-136 / -111

E-Mail: melvin.isken at offis.de
----- Forwarded by Melvin Isken/FB-G/Offis on 15.08.2012 09:05 -----

Von:    Ugo Cupcic <ugo at shadowrobot.com>
An:     robotics-worldwide at duerer.usc.edu,
Kopie:  Hugo Elias <hugo at shadowrobot.com>
Datum:  14.08.2012 18:00
Betreff:        [robotics-worldwide] Robotics Stackexchange
Gesendet von:   robotics-worldwide-bounces at duerer.usc.edu

Hi,

You may have heard of the extremely successful forum stackoverflow.com
for computer programming related questions.
This site has spawned a huge number of successful forums in many other
subjects from electronics to cooking.

Now we are trying to launch a forum dedicated to Robotics. But we
can't do it without your help.  Stackexchange
sites only come into existence when they show that there is a strong
community of users who would be interested
in using the site.

If you would be interested in an excellent new forum for Robotics, and
would like to support us in getting it
off the ground, please come to our staging area:
http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/40020/robotics

Login / Sign up, and 'Follow' the proposal.

The Robotics forum is currently in the definition phase, where we are
proposing hypothetical questions, and then
voting whether or not they are good questions for the site. Questions
can be upvoted if you think they'll be interesting,
downvoted if you think they won't be, and closed if you think they are
a poor fit for the community. Propose questions
you might ask or want to see answered on the site and comment and vote
on those already proposed. The goal is to
come up with at least 40 questions that embody the topic's scope. When
at least 40 questions have a score of at least
ten net votes (up minus down), then the proposal is considered "defined."

For more information about how the site works, please see the FAQ:
http://area51.stackexchange.com/faq

Thank you for your time,

Ugo Cupcic | Shadow Robot Company | ugo at shadowrobot.com
Senior Software Engineer | 251 Liverpool Road |
need a Hand? | London N1 1LX | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/ @shadowrobot