[ros-users] MD5 digest issue

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:59:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet at laas.fr> wrote:

> So, yes, including the parameter names may prove useful in some situation.
> But, for instance, existing compilers do not currently make their
> "compatibility" decisions based on this information.

Not sure what you mean here. If you use the wrong parameter name, the
compiler (or interpreter) will definitely complain.

> That said, I am not trying to change the digest computation algorithm. Just
> trying to find a way to implement this with ros.

If you have meta-knowledge that some pair of ROS Messages are in fact
convertible, you can write a node that translates one to the other, or
a subscriber that accepts both (on different topic names) and  does
the conversion into a common format for internal processing.

(My apologies: this discussion is more appropriate for answers.ros.org
than for the entire ros-users list.)
--
 joq