[ros-users] ros and pioneer 3dx

ELENA LAZKANO ORTEGA e.lazkano at ehu.es
Tue Feb 7 13:12:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

we are trying to use ros to make our pioneer robot move. We followed
the steps in
http://www.ros.org/wiki/p2os/Tutorials/Getting%20Started%20with%20p2os
and configured the ROS_MASTER_URI and ROS_MASTER_IP of the base
computer and the pioneer onboard PC accordingly.

We run roscore on the base computer and the p2os_driver on the robot.
The robot communicates with the H8S board properly. But when we run
p2os_dashboard on the base computer, neither the battery level nor the
option to enable/disable the motors change. Moreover, no message
arrives to the dashboard although we do not see any error message on
the terminal.

Any hint?

thanks in advance,

elena