[ros-users] ROSCon 2012: Call for Participation

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Wed Feb 8 00:57:13 UTC 2012

Call For Participation: ROSCon 2012
19-20 May 2012 (immediately following ICRA)
St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

* Preliminary program is available: http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=33
* Registration is open: http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=109
* Thank you to our sponsors: roscon.ros.org/?page_id=72

Please join us this May for the inaugural edition of ROSCon!

ROSCon 2012 is a chance for ROS developers of all levels, beginner to
expert, to spend an extraordinary weekend learning from and networking
with the ROS community.  Get tips and tricks from experts, network,
and share ideas with fellow developers from around the globe.

ROSCon is a developers' conference, in the model of PyCon and
BoostCon. The two-day program will comprise tech talks and tutorials
that will introduce you to new tools and libraries, and teach you more
about the ones you already know.

We received an overwhelming number of session proposals, which made
for some tough decisions in the review process, and an acceptance rate
of 27%. The program includes in-depth coverage of fundamentals, like
tf and URDF, and introductions to higher-level concepts, like motion
planning and multi-robot systems.  We'll also hear about interesting
applications of ROS, from teaching to field robotics.  And we have two
excellent keynotes, from Morgan Quigley of Stanford (and original
author of ROS) and Julia M. Badger of NASA JSC.

We have some great sponsors to thank: Bosch, Motoman, Clearpath,
Heartland, Willow Garage, CoroWare, Schunk, and Yujin.  We're excited
to have such strong industry support!

Registration is now open: http://roscon.ros.org/?page_id=109.

If you have any questions, send email to info at roscon.ros.org.