[ros-users] serial_communication release

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 17:32:41 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a release of serial_communication (http://www.ros.org/wiki/serial_communication) but I'm having some doubts about the whole process (and I'd love not to screw up on my first release!).

I still need to re-arrange the repository to match the following URLs, still would the following rules be correct to add to the unstable.rosdistro file?

serial_communication:
    svn: {dev: 'https://isr-uc-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/stacks/serial_communication/trunk', distro-tag: 'https://isr-uc-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/stacks/serial_communication/tags/$RELEASE_NAME',
      release-tag: 'https://isr-uc-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/stacks/serial_communication/tags/serial_communication-$STACK_VERSION'}

I dont intend to release the whole repo, only the serial_communication stack so I'm using the stack name instead of a variable. However I'm keeping the variables for the release version and for the stack version. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR University of Coimbra