[ros-users] Current state of SMACH in ROS

Jose Luis Rivero jrivero at iri.upc.edu
Thu Feb 16 10:30:05 UTC 2012

Hi all:

Lately, we have been working with SMACH to handle our high level
applications flow. After several days, I'm starting to think it is not
*actively* developed by anyone. Here is why:

 - There isn't a lot of activity in ROS answer about last questions[1]
 - Last new features commits in the repo are from several months ago[2]
 - There is an open ticket with a bug from 9 months ago[3]
 - Wiki documentation is not complete[4]

A couple of questions:

1. Is there any active maintainer or a group of people interested in?
2. For the PR2 (and other projects) are you still using SMACH or there
is something else floating around?

Thanks.

[1] http://answers.ros.org/question/12960/
    http://answers.ros.org/question/12961/
[2] https://kforge.ros.org/smach/executive_smach
[3] https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4969
[4] http://www.ros.org/wiki/smach/Tutorials/MonitorState

--
José Luis Rivero <jrivero at iri.upc.edu>
Institut de Robòtica i Informàtica Industrial [CSIC-UPC]