[ros-users] Patch for arm_navigation planning_environment contact_models.cpp

Joe Romano joeromano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:34:06 UTC 2012

Hi All -
I have a patch I'd like to submit (attached) to the planning_environment
package of the arm_navigation stack.

Description below:

It seems that no one bothered to copy over the normal and depth information
of contact to the ROS collision message. ODE is already calculating this,
so it is essentially free information being ignored. This seems especially
important since the contact message already has normal and depth fields.
These fields are not currently being set, and all result to 0.

Hope that is useful. Perhaps I have missed something and this is being
purposefully ignored. Feel free to respond if this is unclear.

-Joe